It looks like YOU are heading to Walt Disney World!
Maybe it’s your 1st time? Maybe it’s been a long time…no matter what, these 5 tips below will help anyone planning a vacation to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida!
- As soon as you have a vacation to Walt Disney World booked, whether you book it yourself or with an authorized Disney vacation planner, immediately head to your computer and create a “My Disney Experience” account using this link: StartYourDisneyExperience.com When you have a vacation booked, you will get a confirmation number for your vacation package, and you can directly link this to your account. This My Disney Experience account will give you access to all hotel information, any dining reservations, all fastpass + reservations, park hours, special events and much more. This will be a lifesaver when you are in Walt Disney World too, because you can use this on your phones as well to make any modifications you might need during your stay.
2. If you are staying on a Walt Disney World property resort hotel, you will have access to Extra Magic Hours. Every day one park will have either an early park entry or extended later park hours. You can find all of this information on your My Disney Experience account…or call your Disney vacation planner! These Extra Magic Hours are ONLY available to guests staying on property. Anyone staying off site will not have access to these Extra magic hours. Take advantage!
3. Walt Disney World is over 40 square miles. As much as we all want to do EVERYTHING while we’re in Walt Disney World, there is no way we simply can. It’s important to know this in advance. Make a priority list, adding all the rides and events you definitely want to see and do. Definitely be flexible while you’re in the theme parks, too. If someone in the family is having a hard time and needs to take a break, be sure to do so. You want this vacation to be as magical as ever. Keeping everyone happy is top on the list!
4. Some of the bigger rides and attractions have “single rider lines” instead of the regular standby line or the fastpass +line. Typically these lines are much shorter. If you don’t mind riding a ride with a stranger, this might be a great option for you. These BIG rides have single rider lines: Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest, Epcot: Test Track, Hollywood Studios: Rock’n Rollercoaster.
5. If you plan to dine on Disney World property and you have specific food allergies, you’ll be thrilled to know that Disney will take VERY VERY good care of you. It’s true. If you have a food allergy, are vegan, have to have limited salt, gluten free, nut allergies, milk allergies, etc…you can make a note on your dining reservation (that you can make on your My Disney Experience account!). As you are seated to your table, a chef will come out to your table and speak with you about your allergies, listing options that would be a safe choice for you. As a mother of a child who has a severe food allergy, I feel extremely taken care of dining at Walt Disney World.
Well, there you have it, 5 more tips for First Timers to Walt Disney World. If you have any additional questions, or would like help booking a Walt Disney World vacation with a Disney vacation planner, feel free to email Coral, the owner of Coral Joy Travel. She’s the travel agent that loves everything DISNEY!
Feel free to watch Coral’s youtube video on this very subject here: